Weekend in Paris
I have been to Paris, the capital of France, several times but this year was the first as a tourist. We went for a weekend trip to lovely Paris.
Top 10 things to do in Paris
1. The view of the Eiffel Tower is amazing. Taking a picture of yourself in front of the Eiffel Tower with the lovely fountains, is a must.
When in Montmartre you should also visit the beautiful church Basilica of the Sacré Cœur. It is definitely worth the walk up the hill.
5. If you like fashion, go to the museum of fashion. Afterwards have lunch at the libanese restaurant Noura close to the museum. Great food and friendly people. If you are unsure on what to order. Ask the people by the next table for advice.
6. After walking on the famous street Champs-Élysées go to the beautiful monument the Arc de Triomphe and take some pictures.
It stands on the Place Charles de Gaulle and is the second largest triumphal arch in the world. The monument is huge, 50 m in height and 45 m wide and I read that Charles Godefroy flew with an airplane through it in 1919.
8. Notre dame is a large church which is also on the must-see-list when visiting Paris.
The best markets in Paris are Marché Pual Bert and Marché Serpette, The market in Saint-Quen Paris 18e.
Didier Ludot, 33 rue Valois Paris 1 for vintage clothes, close to Palais Royal.
I also got a recommendation for these restaurants but I haven´t tried them yet.
* La Tour d´Argent is apparently the most famous (and expensive?) restaurant in France. A Tsar and a few Kings and Queens have dined here.
PS. Did you bring your kids?
Do you know a restaurant, shop or an must-see in Paris that should be on my top list? Please leave a comment here.