06 September 2010

The World´s Top Roof Restaurants

Where could be a better place to get to know a new city better than from a nice top class restaurant with a magnificent view?



These are my favourites which I consider to be the best of the world´s top roof restaurants which I have visited.
    Have I forgotten any restaurant on the list? Please help me to complete the list by leaving a comment here and let me know of more fab restaurants with delicious food and amazing views.
  1. Thailand. If you are not afraid of heights. You should try the Sirocco Restaurant in Bangkok, Thailand. I got a bit sea sick when I felt the building moving, but the view was marvellous! I liked the Vertigo Restaurant, Banyan Tree Hotel in Bangkok, Thailand even better. It is a top roof restuarant as well but I did not get sea sick and the view and the food was great. Check out the photos of the restaurant.
  2. Italy. The Imágo restaurant is situated by the Spanish steps in Rome, Italy. The restaurant is on the 6th floor of the Hassler hotel. It has a amazing panoramic view of Rome. The restaurant in the Grand hotel de la Minerva, Rome, Italy is build in an old 1600 mansion. Their fabolous roof garden restaurant offers a grand meal while enjoying the sunset over Rome.
  3. Sweden. The restaurant Gondolen is situated 33 m up in the air in the city centre of Stockholm. Fab food. If you want to get even higher up. Go to Kaknästornet. The best view over Stockholm. But the food isnt as good as in Gondolen. Bring your camera to the 155 meter high tv-tower.
  4. United Kingdom. Dine at the Oxo Tower. This is the place to have a romantic dinner with a view over London and the Thames.
  5. Egypt. Have lunch or dinner at restaurant Ramses Hilton by the Nile in Cairo. Enjoy the beautiful views of the Nile and the Pyramids from the 36th-floor. Another option is the Cairo Tower. It has a restaurant on the top and the view is supposed to be great. I didn’t have the time to visit when I was in Cairo but it seems nice. Bring your camera and take pictures of the panorama views.
  6. South Africa. The luxury West Cliff hotel and restaurant, marvellous food and a great view from the hill. Dont miss it when visiting Johannesburg.
  7. Denmark. Enjoy the Arne Jacobsen design hotel Radisson SAS Royal Hotel. Turned on the ipod and sat in the coolest chairs ever in the lobby. Drinks on the top of the house... at Alberto K restaurant at the 20th floor with a fantastic view of Copenhagen at the Radisson hotel.
  8. Estonia. Have some drinks & a light meal in the stunning roof top Lounge 24 in Tallin. It is 90 m high up in the air and I can recommend their moijito...
  9. Austria. A dinner is nice at the fine-dining DO & CO restaurant with a great view of the Stephansdome in Vienna.
  10. And last but not least. France. The perfect ending of a day in Paris is a dinner at the Eifel Tower with a magnificient view over Paris and the Seine river.
Have I forgotten any restaurant on the list? Please help me to complete the list by leaving a comment here and let me know of more fab restaurants with delicious food and amazing views.

I also got tips of these top roof restaurants.... Nice aren´t they?

No comments:

Post a Comment