09 March 2010

Dreaming of Delhi?



New Delhi is a colourful and vibrant city. It is said the you either like India or do not like it. But I do like it a lot. I have been there twice and can not wait to go back.

When I visited New Delhi for the first time I took a weekend-trip to Taj Mahal at Agra and the Pink city of Jaipur. One of the best things I have every done. A memory for life. Do the same if you can while visiting India.



The 10 must-do´s in New Delhi which I would recommend are:

  • Bukhara Restaurant has great Indian food traditionally prepared in a clay oven (tandoor). It has been rated amongst the top 50 restaurants in the world and the finest restaurant in Asia by ‘’Restaurant” magazine. The restaurant is decorated in a special way with a lot of wood. And you sit on a small chair of wood.

  • Shopping handicraft is nice to do in the government handicraft shop. Lovely handicraft at great prices and you do not need to hassle... I bought some lovely wooden boxes and paintings which I have in my home and reminds me of my trip to India. It is called the Cottage Industries Emporium

  • Sightseeing to the Old town is an experience you don´t want to miss. But be prepared it is a extremely crowded place.

  • I also visited the beuatiful Red Fort and the red sandstone walls is 2 km length and vary in height from 18 metres to 33 metres.

  • Another beautiful place is the Lotus temple. Take off your shoes and enjoy the peaceful feelings in the temple. A great place for meditation.

  • Have lunch at the Taj Palace Hotel and enjoy the nice food at one of the most luxurious hotels in New Delhi.

  • Visit and admire the India Gate, it commemorates the 70,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives fighting during World War I.

  • The Dilli Haat is market which chould be nice to visit for some shopping.

Night club recommendations from my friend Joanna who is an experienced party girl:

  • Smoke House Grill is a restaurant which transforms into a night club on Friday evenings. Masjid Moth, G.K. II
  • Ricks is a pub with live music at the Hotel Taj Mansingh.
  • F Bar at the Ashoka Hotel is a night club with Techno music. Apparently best on Saturdays.

1 comment:

  1. Bukhara was the best part of our trip to Delhi! Absolutely divine food ! Really enjoyed Dilli Haat also..

    ReplyDelete