24 April 2010

Zambia - A Memory For Life

One of the best moments in my life was when I went on a weekend trip to Zambia. The aim of the trip was to visit the beautiful waterfalls Victoria Falls. Its local name is Mosi-oa-Tunya, which means the Smoke that Thunders.

The Victoria Falls is claimed to be the largest waterfalls in the world. It is located in southern Africa on the Zambezi River between the countries of Zambia and Zimbabwe.

We stayed at the exclusive Royal Livingstone Victoria Falls Hotel in Zambia. Just staying at the luxury hotel was an amazing exeprience.
The hotel is located in the Mosi-Oa-Tunya National Wildlife Park on the Zambian side of the Zambezi River, with a view of the Victoria Falls.

We had so many extraordinary experiences during the trip.

The animals...
A monkey stole my a sandwhich from my sons hand when we had lunch at the hotel. And there was a lot of zebras strolling around the hotel area.
There was a big sign in the hotel room: If a baboon enter the room, leave the room and call the reception.

We had a sun downer (drink) by the Zambezi river at the hotels sun deck in the sun down when I suddenly say something moving under the water.
But it was not a submarine. It was an elephant family walking under the water in the sun down. They walked under water with their trunks in the air like their were snorkeling. Totally amazing!

Zim
We also took a long hike to Zimbabwe and visited a street market in Zimbabwe. I bought some lovely wood pieces and wished I could have done more to help the people there. A couple of guys offered me a bungy jump from the bridge between Zim and Zambia but I didn´t dare to try.

The falls
and least but not last.
The amazing Victoria Falls. To see it, to hear it, to feel it.
I can´t really explain how amazing it was. You really have to go there to experience it yourself. Just check out this film to get an idea about how it is.

It was one of the best weekend trips I ever did. A true memory for life.

PS: Bring your golf clubs if you like golf. The Gary Player designed golf course Elephant Hill is around the corner from the falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment