24 October 2010

King & Queen for a day

Stay like a king and queen in the hotels that are built in palaces. I really like the feeling of staying in a historic place. Especially the ones that make me feel like a queen. These are some of my favourites Palaces.
  • Austria - Stay at the Palace, Palais Coburg Residenz, also known as Palais Saxe-Coburg in Vienna, the capital of Austria. A prince built this impressive palace which today is a beautiful hotel and restaurant.
  • Sweden - A stay with a guided tour the lovely Bjärka Säby castle by the lake Rengen. It was built in 1700 and the former owner was a noble Count who sold it for 1 krona (0,1 Euros) a couple of years ago. It has been restored and is a truly lovely place. http://www.nyaslottet.se/
  • Romania - do you dare visiting Dracula´s Bran Castle in Transylvania? It was built in the mid-1300s on a high rock. It looks a bit scary, doesnt it?
  • Budapest, Hungary
  • Hungary - The first time I was in Budapest I was amazed by all the beautiful buildings. I was walking in Budapest and stopped by a beautiful building and asked what it was. The answer was the Hungarian post office.  Hmm... well the post office where I live is not half so beautiful. One of the most gorgeous buildings are the also the best place to stay. It is the Four Seasons hotel Gresham Palace. It is one of the finest examples of Art Nouveau architecture in Central Europe. The hotel has a great location by the Danube river with a view of the Chain Bridge and Buda calste.
  • The Taj Palace Hotel in Mumbai
  • India - India has a special place in my heart. I had an amazing trip to Mumbai in India. I stayed at the luxurious Taj Palace hotel, tried traditional Indian clothes and felt like princess. Maharajas, Princes, Kings, Presidents stayed here and I understand why when I checked in. The view of the Arabian Sea and the Gateway of India is amazing and so is the service and rooms.
  • Grand Hotel Florence
  • Hotel Danielli
  • Schloss Fuschl Fuschlsee Salzburg
  • Hotel Imperial and Hotel Gritti Palace
  • Palacio del Bailío http://bit.ly/ccqk83 is an art-inspired Moorish palace
  • Palacio de Villapanés in Spain is a stone palace of the 18th century which has been renovated into the 21st century  http://bit.ly/aAq0pe in Seville
  • The Schlosshotel im Grunewald is a palace which has been styled in the past by Karl Lagerfeld.  http://bit.ly/aqISFA in Berlin
  • Residenza Napoleone III http://bit.ly/9NuvLI in Rome
Do you know any more fab hotels and palaces? Please leave a comment here so I can add it to my article.

The Royal Castle in Stockholm, Sweden


No comments:

Post a Comment